• Follow on Bloglovin

7 Dec 2011

Christmas Guest Post by The Shine Project

Today I am taking part in a series of Christmas tradition-themed posts over at The Shine Project. So the lovely Ashley from said blog has created this post for me, in which she'll tell us about her favourite Christmas traditions, enjoy!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Hey all you pretties on the other side of the pond :)
My name is Ashley, I run the blog The Shine Project, and live in America with my sweet husband and pup Oliver.
Christmas is my favorite time of the year.
Not because of the presents (We're actually not getting them this year, just giving to two families who otherwise would not have it), not because of the good food (although it makes my tummy so happy), or sparkly lights....
But because of the love that comes along with the season. The celebration of Christ's birth brings more happiness to the air, and it brings a time that causes reflection and gratitude.

There are a few Christmas traditions that are my absolute favorites!
One is exchanging pajamas on Christmas Eve. My husband and I get each other PJs, and we spend the night at my family's house snuggling, eating, and watching Christmas movies.

Another tradition I love is called the Christmas Service Star.
Growing up, my mom had this beautiful wooden star. She would start it off by doing a small service for someone in the family... Then whoever had the star would anonymously give it to someone else. We'd make each others bed, leave a small note of encouragement, buy them their favorite candy, etc, and leave the star where they could see it. It was always so fun, and my family grew closer because of it.

I encourage you to do something for someone else this Christmas, and feel the love and joy of the season.
I can't wait to meet you! Come over HERE, and say hi! And leave your favorite Christmas tradition if you would like to share :)

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

OH don't you stinking LOVE Ashley! She wrote a guest post for me today too!

Check it out.

http://someoneinmind.blogspot.com/2011/12/just-me-and-my-savior-by-ashley-lemieux.html

So nice to meet you Lisa!!!

Unknown said...

what great traditions!! Love it :)

Kimberly Bonham said...

I just love your blog!! I love your posts, design and the layout of it! Keep it up!

Miriam Elisabeth ツ said...

Great traditions! :)
Such a nice blog you got. Hvordan får du til "bildene" under headeren? Mottar gjerne litt tips for å freshe opp mine to blogger :)

Miriam diary :)

Sockertussen said...

Hej!
Jag har en tävling på min sida som jag tänkte tipsa dig om, du kan vinna ett unikt smycke =)

Och nästa vecka kan du vinna en köksassistent från OBH Nordica =)

Titta gärna förbi och var med och tävla!

Kram
/Nellie

http://sockertussen.blogspot.com/2011/12/tavling.html

Kndbbdjk said...

Hej! Jag såg ditt inlägg på Ashley's blogg och tyckte att det var roligt att hitta en annan svensk tjej som bloggar! Kom och hitta mig vid www.pumpkinthievesandbuffalowings.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Lisa

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...