• Follow on Bloglovin

8 Jul 2012

Running Champions!

We did it! Today my friend Lauren and I ran 10k in the British 10k London Run, and we both had a blast! We ran the whole way and finished on just over an hour, it felt so good!
There were over 30.000 runners! Such an awesome atmosphere and crowd!
The route was really cool, we ran along the Thames and past iconic landmarks in London, like Big Ben and The London Eye.
James was there to cheer us on, it was so great when I saw him! Here's us approaching, Lauren is just on my left in the brown cap.
High-five!
Proud runners with our cool medals.
It was so much fun, the crowd and the route and whole experience made it so easy and enjoyable to run 10k. Our training really paid off, both Lauren and I want to do it again!
I am also proud to tell you that I raised £370 for Cancer Research Uk! I want to thank everyone that sponsored me, together we smashed my target of 300 and the money we raised will help fund the life-saving work that Cancer Research Uk does.

Knowing that I achieved something good together with my amazing sponsors made the run even more enjoyable, so a big thank you to all of you! Finally a special thank you to my lovely blog reader Erica Andersson who sponsored me with a very generous donation!

Photo no 2,3,4 and 5 from Nike Running UK's facebook page

12 Comments:

Memoirs of a Wardrobe said...

Well done to you, very impressive
Kate x

Em {Emerging Em} said...

Congrats! I ran a half marathon last year, so I know the awesome feeling of finishing something like that! That run was also for cancer research, which is a cause close to my heart. Thanks to you and your sponsors for all your hard work! :) I'm jealous of you getting to run past such cool landmarks!

cb said...

congrats lisa that is fantastic! you are a super star and you looked sooo cute running! i would have looked like a dead wet rat :(
xo,
cb

Unknown said...

Well done my little girl. You are a sporty woman now. Keep on running! Proud of you, as always. Puss! Ma

Amber said...

Good for you and many congrats! I cant believe how fast you finished. If I had tried to run that far I would still be running for the finish line :)

Chrissy said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations to the two of you! xxx

Jenna said...

Congrats!!! Just to finish is an amazing feat let alone finishing in just over an hour! And it looks like you had an absolute blast - when also contributing to a great cause it's definitely a win win situation :)

xxx
Jenna

Erica said...

Lisa, du är väl för söt!!
Härligt att det gick så bra för er, tack för det fantastiska initiativet!
Stor kram!

yaga said...

Woah, it looks phantastic! to think that i flew through london just on that friday makes me even more jealous! ^^

Unknown said...

That's amazing! well done!! :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

sooooooooo, you know you rawk right?! Lisa, what a huge deal this was, large gatorade cheers to both you and Lauren for finishing the run!!! such a good cause to run for too, you are a champion in so many ways. xo ♥

Unknown said...

Congrats! Awesome pictures too.... x

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Lisa

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...